GHX Reinvents Annual Supply Chain Summit as Digital Event; Honors GHXcellence Winners Taking the Lead in Solving Critical Supply Chain Challenges
LOUISVILLE, Colo. – September 15, 2020 – Global Healthcare Exchange, LLC (GHX) today announced details of its GHX Summit 20 Digital Connect conference. GHX Summit 20 Digital Connect is a digital reimagination of GHX's annual Supply Chain Summit conference, which for the past two decades has assembled hundreds of healthcare industry leaders from the provider, supplier, distributor and GPO communities to explore ways to create a more collaborative and resilient supply chain that promotes better patient care and strategies for lowering the cost to deliver it. GHX Summit 20 Digital Connect will take place in two parts: a series of weekly Summit Satellite breakout sessions will run from September 22-October 23 and a Summit LIVE! three-day event will take place digitally from October 27-29. Registration for Summit 20 Digital Connect is free to attend: https://www.ghxsummit.com/2020.
“While the pandemic may be keeping us apart physically, our community is more eager than ever to convene and discuss the challenges and opportunities facing the healthcare supply chain at this pivotal time,” said Bruce Johnson, CEO of GHX. “Summit 20 Digital Connect will deliver the same rich content for which the GHX Supply Chain Summit is known, including industry best practices, thought leadership, peer networking and inspiring experiences. COVID-19 has accelerated needed change and Summit 20 Digital Connect offers our industry an opportunity to share ideas that will build a more resilient and modern supply chain.”
About Summit 20 Digital Connect
The GHX Summit 2020 Digital Connect experience builds on content originally created for the in-person Summit, which was postponed due to the pandemic, coupled with new content focused on current events impacting the healthcare supply chain.
Part one of the event, Summit Satellite Breakouts, will offer weekly, live and on-demand breakout sessions spanning presentation tracks that address top-of-mind industry topics. These include Supply Chain Resiliency, Clinically Integrated Supply Chain, Value-Based Healthcare, Continuation of Care, Data and Analytics, Financial Optimization and Strategies, as well as Leadership and Innovation.
Part two, Summit LIVE!, will take place virtually and will feature keynote sessions from GHX executives and industry leaders, product and industry advocate meet-ups, access to on-demand breakout sessions, and 1:1 peer meetings via the Summit 20 digital platform. Keynote session and additional details will be released in the weeks ahead.
Experiential Elements Provide Value for the Whole Family
This year’s GHX Summit 20 Digital Connect will feature new experiential elements to provide value to attendees and engage extended family members of all ages. Attendees can earn Summit Swag boxes by attending breakouts, enjoy a virtual awards party with a live DJ and have donations made to various philanthropic organizations in their name. Animal lovers can enjoy some downtime with GHX’s “puppy cam,” attendees can stay grounded and mindful with a meditation session and test their strategy and creative thinking skills with a Virtual Escape Room. Even little ones can get in on the fun with “First Responder” coloring pages and a sing-along that keep them occupied while their caregivers participate in Summit activities.
Announcing the 2019 GHXcellence Award Winners
The GHX Summit 20 Digital Connect conference will also recognize recipients of the annual GHXcellence awards. The awards recognize leaders and visionaries among provider and supplier organizations that are advancing a new era of healthcare by leveraging technology, modern processes and best practices to remove waste, cut costs and improve patient care.
The 2019 winners include:
- Healthcare Provider of the Year (Large): UCSF Health
- Healthcare Provider of the Year (Small to Medium): Riverside Health System
- Healthcare Supplier of the Year (Large Volume): Boston Scientific Corporation
- Healthcare Supplier of the Year (Medium Volume): Smith & Nephew
- Canadian Healthcare Provider of the Year: TransForm Shared Services Organization
- Canadian Healthcare Supplier of the Year: Medtronic Canada
- European Healthcare Supplier of the Year: Medtronic
- Excellence in Contract Management (Provider): Riverside Health System
- Excellence in Contract Management (Supplier): Cardinal Health
- Excellence in ePayables (Provider): Northwestern Medicine
- Excellence in eProcurement: Franciscan Missionaries of Our Lady Health System
- Excellence in Product Data Management: Wake Forest Baptist Health
- Excellence in UDI & Standards (Provider): AdventHealth
- Excellence in Vendor Credentialing & Compliance (Provider): Prisma Health
- Most Improved Provider: UC Davis Health
- Most Improved Supplier: GE Healthcare
- Rookie of the Year (Supplier): MTF Biologics
- Supply Chain Leadership (Provider): Donna Totten of Defense Health Agency
- Supply Chain Leadership (Supplier): Dennis Black of BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company)
- Trading Partner Pair of the Year: Distribution Cooperative, Inc. and Medline Industries, Inc.
“On behalf of all of us at GHX, I congratulate our class of 2019 GHXcellence award winners,” said Johnson. “These are the individuals and companies that are meeting the moment to drive innovation in the supply chain that will measurably improve healthcare for us all.”
Building on decades of collaboration between providers, manufacturers, distributors and other industry stakeholders, Global Healthcare Exchange, LLC (GHX) is leading the charge in helping organizations run the new business of healthcare. By automating key business processes and translating evidence-based analytics and data into meaningful action, GHX is helping the healthcare ecosystem to move faster, operate more intelligently and achieve greater outcomes. With the support of GHX, healthcare organizations have removed billions of dollars of wasteful healthcare spend. For more information on GHX’s suite of world-class, cloud-based supply chain and pharmacy solutions, visit www.ghx.com and The Healthcare Hub. GHX has also launched a COVID-19 Information Center that provides a wealth of free resources and access to data and information needed to help serve patients and protect staff during the pandemic.
# # #